Friday, June 23, 2006

fry an egg on the driveway

Summer has come with a vengance. It is 80 degrees before we wake up and still in the 80's when we go to sleep.
Yesterday reached 110 at our house. and we were all hot, hot hot! we sprayed the kids as they rode their bikes through mom's tunnel of water, and played in that sweet part of the evening when the sun has gone down, and you can smell summer everywhere.
Then, the idea came to me, let's be"mythbusters" (Michael and Alex's favorite show) and see if you really can fry and egg.... let's just say the myth is true. I am not quite sure if I would call it frying, but it definitely was cooking. A few summers ago we popped popcorn on the dashboard of our car, that was a little cleaner.... imagine cooked, hot egg on your driveway and I need say no more. Wish us luck as this weekend it is suppose to reach 116. We are housesitting our neighbors house for them, and the perk is that they have a wonderful pool. That's where we'll be. :):):)

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Greetings from the Buhl's in Albany. I linked to your site from Suzy's and just wanted to let you know that I'm reading your blog. (I always wonder who out there has linked onto my site and is reading it now!) It's fun to hear about your family, so keep posting!

Robyn

p.s. Rob says hello.

Suzy said...

Hi Robyn!!

Breanna- that's a great story. It was 91 here today in WA!