Thursday, November 30, 2006

We spent Thanksgiving with my dad and Carolyn last week. I got to meet my step sister and two step brothers. They were all very nice, and we enjoyed a nice time of visiting with my dad, and EATING! As usual, Michael drank too much soda(this is what happens when you don't let them drink it reguarly) and so he was a little sick on the way home, but he is recovered and soda free again. The hard thing about driving home from Dad's isn't the two hour car ride, it's the fact that there is two hours to think about the visit, and it always hits me hard. He looked really sick this time. He had changed so much in the few weeks that we had seen him before Thanksgiving. It broke my heart, and my families. So much to relive again. The questions from the kids are so hard to answer and bring back so much. I am trying to have hope, and be an encouragement for my dad, but watching two parents so physically pained has definitely shaped me in ways that I can't explain. Please pray for him, and for his pain, it is excruciating. please pray too for strength for my kids and for their broken hearts.....One thing for sure, this family definitely longs for heaven and for the relief and everlasting joy it will bring. Alex said the other night," If heaven is so good, why do people try so hard to stay here?" I love that my 8 year old is learning what Paul knew, when he said," To live is Christ, and to die is gain!" We hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and were able to focus on the many blessings that God has given all of us.

No comments: