Saturday, May 19, 2007

family excercise

One thing I wish I could have done growing up is to learn healthy exercise habits. I want to teach this to our kids, but show them that it can be fun and also benefit your body. I want them to learn the balance of being healthy and taking care of what God gives you, without falling into the vanity trap of the fitness world today. So for the last few months, on Saturday mornings, we have been going on bike rides/runs. This morning....Allie and Michael and I did a 3 mile run. They walked very little of it....Go Michael and Allie. Sometimes we find it is them pushing us! Alex stayed at a friends last night, or I am sure he would have been pushing us faster. He is an energizer bunny! The kids and I are making a goal to be able to do our own Golden triathalon by the end of the summer. The goal is a 3 mile run, a 500 yard swim and a 5 mile bike run. (definitely a mini, for you adults) But my hope is that it will give us good talk time, a healthy summer, and the satisfaction of completing a goal together. We'll keep you posted...Ha ha! What kind of things do your families do to stay active??? Let me know if you have cool ideas!

No comments: