Tuesday, April 22, 2008

a thought from my heart....

The foundation of our life is designed to be first, firm and foremost in our Lord. We can say that God is the ground we stand on, but undoubtedly that ground will become what we labor for and love most.

If we treasure or value the people, plans and passions of this world, more than we treasure or value the pursuit of pleasing our King, than we anchor our feet into ground that shifts, breaks and can disintegrate underneath us.

It has been through the pain and trials in my life, that God has exposed the many layers of foundation that I had chosen to place underneath me; the sin of putting my primary hope in something or someone other then Him. When the ground I stood on, and walls I leaned on fell, it was then I felt the pain of standing on a shattered foundation (or life)

If we stand first on the foundation of our Father, then the storms can rage and the winds can blow, but our ground will be firm and we won’t falter in our faith. We can lose our happiness, but never our Joy. If we have lost our joy, we must ask ourselves what we had put our hopes in.

How is it possible that when we know the source of security and eternity, we invest our lives and hearts into the unstable and temporary?

We must constantly ask ourselves what is the anchor we hold to first.

We must love first our King
We must follow first our King
We must root only in our King,,,,,all other ground is sinking.

Then and only then, can we say with confidence and peace, this:

If today, I were to lose all I know in this world, I would still have more than I could ever deserve and need.

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Matthew 6:19-22

No comments: