Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Time!


This year on Christmas Eve we went to dinner with my sister and her family. I think I ate more crab than Kacia, but it may have been close:) Then we all went to church together. This is always my favorite part of the night! This year in particular, God brought back fond memories of my last Christmas with my mom. Maybe it's because Jenny and Kevin's girls are the age that our kids were that year, but whatever it was, it was sweet to remember in detail that last Christmas Eve dinner with her and then going to the service at Faith. I had so many flash backs to that night. I will always remember her singing with tears in her eyes and that beautiful shiny blue shirt she wore. Anyways, now I am rambling.
So, after Church we opened gifts together with the Burns Family and then went home to read the Christmas story and get our kids to bed (which is getting harder, not easier!)
We had a nice quiet Christmas day. I think I wore my pjs most of the day. Late afternoon we saw the movie Marley and me, and then came home for Christmas Fettucini and Allie's Creme Brulee. It was a relaxing day. We did have some snow fall down Christmas morning, but it quickly melted as it hit the much too warm ground. Nothing like our family in the Northwest had!
What hit me the most this Christmas season is how much God has given me. My salvation, Hope, Joy, Peace...I feel so full of blessings I don't deserve! Truly overwhelmed by what He has given me. Greatful- so greatful! Merry late Christmas to all of you!

2 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

Merry Christmas Breanna and Pete. That's neat that you got a few flakes of snow there too. How did the Creme Brulee turn out? Can't wait till my kids can cook for me. Thank you for "rambling" a little and sharing your memories.

Michelle said...

Hmmm ... makes me miss your mom, too, Breanna!!

And, that's a great picture of you and Pete!!

Happy New Year!