Thursday, March 19, 2009

I stand alone on the word of God....The B-I-B-L-E

And...."My hope is built on nothing less, then Jesus blood and righteousness". These words ring through my heart today and I reflect on the promises from His Word that He has shown me I can bank my life on.

Psalm 119:140 " Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them."

This week marks one year since my dad passed away - As I reflect on some of what this past year has held, (a lot!) I am overflowing with joy from my Heavenly Father. I want to give Him glory! His promises have held me, sustained me, and changed me. It is true, they can be tested, and they will not fail. May my life be proof that God's tender promises to us can sustain the full weight of any trial, pain, or hardship. He is always Good!

Some Promises that have held me and been tested in my life:
He won't leave me! - Hebrews 13: 5
He works all things for my good! - Romans 8:28
He will renew my strength if my hope is in Him! - Isaiah 40:31
He will complete salvation in me! - Philippians 1:6
He will not share or forsake His own glory! - Isaiah 42:8, 48:11

"I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken" !!! Psalm 16:7

To God be the glory!

No comments: