Monday, May 10, 2010

Meet A Boy...

This is a boy I met today. He rocked my world a bit. I took his picture for an adoption profile for a local adoption agency here in Redding. He had such an innocence about him for a boy whose world has been pretty messed up and anything but protected. He had such a drawing hope and joy about his eyes and I was completely drawn in to his little world. When I asked him what he wanted his new parents to be like he replied, " I want a mom who can cook good food and a dad who can watch tv with me."
It's got me thinking about a lot of stuff tonight....and how my heart was pulled by meeting this boy.

2 comments:

Aaron and Heather said...

Thank you so much for sharing these photos and your experience.
I'm so thankful that you have the opportunity to photograph to help these precious waiting kids find their family. Your photos are beautiful.
We are pretty blessed in our lives, aren't we?

My name is Breanna... said...

Blessed beyond anything we deserve! You guys are an inspiration to me....I'm definitely standing on new ground for me, contemplating really for the first time the situations of so many of these kids. It leaves you so incredibly burdoned, huh?

Jesus Knows - that is my hope!