Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dream Changer

As I was sitting this afternoonI realized....

how my dreams have changed.
Not compromised, not deflated, not forgotten,
But truly changed.


I use to dream of living in the same house forever, of being Home.
Of taking exotic vacations with my family.
Of partnership in a firm
To stand in security
To be swept away by romance
To always know good health
For life to not change.
and of course to follow Jesus

but he is wise who gives up what He cannot gain to gain what he cannot lose.
And this is what I find myself dreaming of this afternoon...


How all I want to do is follow Him - really be sold out to His call on my life.
I want Him to be our home. I want our kids to feel most at home when they are spending time alone with their Savior.
I want to travel, but so I can meet the bride of Christ that lives outside of the walls of my country - I want to minister alongside of Pete, Michael, Allie and Alex and share Him with my world.
I want the only one who owns our lives, to be the One who paid for them.
I'd rather need Him, than be comfortable.
I want to see Christ's glory perfected in  my beloved....that is so beyond romance.
I want to be whole.
As life changes, and it will, I want to embrace His will, not question it.
And I want my Jesus to have so much more than my Sundays.


Oh, how He is changing me. He says He'll give us the desires of our heart,  but sometimes He has to change our desires first.


Prasie be to the One changing my dreams. In his chains, I am so free.

No comments: