Wednesday, August 18, 2010

good bye summer - hello school

This week marks some more milestones. Alex started 7th grade and Michael and Allie started high school!
Since this summer was the busiest summer we have ever had, I think all of us were anxious for routine again. So 6 new pairs of shoes (pe shoes and reg shoes) + 350.00 in school SUPPLIES(like paper and stuff) later, off they went for the first day.

Just watching them get out of the car and walk up the steps today, I was reminded of how fast this time is slipping out of my fingers. But as a wise friend reminded me today, even though things change when they go to college and move out, you always get to be their mom....that doesn't end. And if I look around me at the people in my life who have had good relationships with their parents in their youth, it seems they all have even deeper friendships with their parents now!
Alex - Age 12 and missing his last tooth to lose. :)
Michael - Age 14

Allie - Age 14
I am so thankful to Jesus for the relationships He has given me with my babies. It has brought me so much joy to have had such a wonderful summer of talking, sharing, crying, and laughing with them. It is with great excitement that I hope for what God has for them this year.

No comments: