Saturday, October 14, 2006

A good dinner, and Do you know how much I love my Children?

I love them so much that my dislike for animals in my home, is somehow always softened by their persistent, passionate need to love on things that smell, pee, poop and cost me money. Yes,,,,we have two new members....well, they are actually on trial for a week, so we will see if they are truely admitted into this Golden clan. But meet, Lloyd and Gary, (Alex's names for them), Sniffles and Nibbles ( Allie's names for them) and Mickey and Lou ( Michael's names for them).... they are RATS! baby rats for now, but I saw the Mamma and Daddy and they are almost the size of baby kittens. EWWWW! We'll keep you up to date about whether they take up permanent residency. Anyways. We had a wonderful dinner with my dad, Carolyn, and my step brother Sean tonight. It was the first time we got to meet Sean, since he is in the airforce. He was very nice. It was hard to see my dad in pain. Please keep praying. The cancer is now in his back, hips, and ribs. He is quite a trooper though, never complaining. It was a nice dinner, and the kids had fun too. So now off to bed,,,,rats can't escape metal cages, right?

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Rats?????? Like real ones?? With tails??

THAT is definitely true parental love.

I'm SO sorry to hear about your Dad. We would be more than happy to pray for him. Could you tell him the Barrios family says "hello"??

My name is Breanna... said...

Thanks Shelly, We will tell him you say hi. Have a good day.

Michelle said...

That reminds me of Jenn Tarr's rat ... ewwww is right! :) You're such a good mom! Thanks for the update on your dad. We continue to pray for him!!!