Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Don't be impressed,,,,,,keep reading!

When I take the kids to school everyday, we always pass a lady sitting on the ground at a bus stop. We have passed her EVERY day since school started. We have gathered several things about her life in the last few months. She has a job, she doesn't have a car(rides the bus), she has a baby(we've seen her dropping off at the day care a 100 feet away) and she is VERY poor. She is always sitting in the grass, even if it is raining and wet. We have prayed for her many times, and felt sad. But we never stopped. Yesterday when I drove by, I felt my heart pounding. I told the kids, "that's the last time we'll drive by, tomorrow, we'll stop." So today, unsure of how exactly we could help her, or if she would think we were crazy, we stopped. Her name is Jennifer. I told her we drive by her eveyday, and we just wondered if there was anything we could do for her. She told me she was getting over pneumonia, and asked if I had cough medicine I could bring her. We told her we'd bring it tomorrow, and asked if I could stop and pray with her one morning a week. She seemed taken back, but said YES. (KEEP READING) When I got back in the car, I was "pumped up" . I told the kids how awesome it was that God was going to use us in her life. I was excited. Allie was crying.....I thought she was happy. NO, she told me she was sad for how many mornings we passed her. Allie had the right heart, mine was wrong. Instead of being "proud" that we could help her, I should have had the humility and repentance of Allie. Realizing that we had missed out on sharing Jesus with her every day!I am excited about being able to share Jesus with her now, but I am humbled by my daughter's response. Are there people in your life you are passing by......Don't wait as long as I did. Don't "just pray" for them as an easy way out. Maybe they need what you can give.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

This post shows me that YES- you have a family that is sold out for Christ. I admire that. I love reading your blog and seeing how family and Christ centered you guys are. I love seeing you enjoying each other and having fun. I believe that's what Christ wants us to do. Enjoy each other.

Love you!
Suz