Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School




Well, summer is over here. All three kids started school today. Luckily we have been getting up pretty early, so it wasn't too painful. God has really blessed us with wonderful schools and teachers. Alex got the teacher we requested. He had her for second grade and she moved up a few grades, so we are excited to have a teacher we already know. He loved his first day back and was thrilled about the class pet, a chinchilla. I'm glad it stays at school! Michael and Allie had a wonderful first day. They came home excited and had so much to tell me. I can't believe they were not nervous for their first day of junior high. I remember being terrified. They love their homeroom teacher and are excited about the music classes. Next week Michael has soccer tryouts and Allie has volleyball, so we'll keep you posted. I missed my kids. And as usual, the house seems strangely quiet. Truly, God has blessed our children. I pray this will be a year that they walk strong in Christ and help light this dark world we live in.


My prayer for them...ITimothy 6:11


"But you , man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called.."


Some of you have asked to see the website for Michael and Allie's new school. It is: http://www.ups.suhsd.net/ You can click on photos and see the school.

No comments: