Wednesday, July 08, 2009

a little testimony

"What good are the trials we endure if we are not able to point to the one who brings us through them."

That said, life this past decade has not been boring, and while I feel I could write a book about how God has changed me, carried me, pulled me and pushed me through the challenges He has entrusted to me, I will just take a few paragraphs today.

I feel the need to give God some glory publicly! So I am turning this post into a public testimony!

This past year has been life changing for Pete and I. I don't feel like the same person, and I am not married to the person I married almost 15 years ago. My family is living differntly than we have before. I see the work of the Lord in my children and I know the Spirit has begun a great work that will continue!

so to bring Him the glory for what He has done, let me share a few things about how God has revealed Himself more to me.

GOD IS MY FATHER! - I can say that with a different understanding than I could last year.

GOD IS MY PROVIDER! enough said. He alone has provided faithfully!

GOD IS MY SUSTAINER! A refuge who has supplied unexplainable peace.

GOD IS MY HOPE! My dreams have changed. What I hope for now is so different than what I have spent my life hoping for. I hope for His work in my life, in my family's lives and for His glory to be poured out through me.

GOD IS MY HEALER! He takes what is broken and restores it in His beauty.

The joy of the Lord is my strength. I have known His joy in the midst of pain. I am free, I feel so free! Free to forvive, free to love, free to worship!

His Spirit has poured out of me through music, and words. I am humbled to be a vessel for His Holy Spirit to reside in.

I have experienced the joy of sharing the gospel and seeing election in physical form. It has left me hungry to become more passionate and consumed with sharing the gospel that has saved me.

So to my Lord, Thank you for what you have allowed in my life that has led me to this place of abandonment, true joy, peace and new dreams!

I am Abandoned and sold out to the TRUTH, the truth that has saved a wretch like me!

Now, to live it!

1 comment:

. La Kris said...

Breanna.. your emails have been very encouraging as well. We may be at very different stages in our lives but God is at work in both of us.

May He continue to reach out to you in love, challenge you, seek you and draw you close Him. Being near Him is worth whatever cost we have to pay.

God bless,
Kristin