Tuesday, November 03, 2009

God grabbing my boys hearts

My heart was so full this weekend as I got to hear and see the passion God is giving my boys for His truth. Pastor Andrew started a boys discipleship group and invited the boys to come. I was surprised they were so excited about it since the first week required them to be out of bed before seven on a Saturday. :) I have been praying very specifically all summer for God to grab their hearts and for them to hear HIS call on their life, and not just Pete and I's voices. We have been stressing to them all summer the fact that they are now old enough that their relationship with God needs to be just that, THEIRS.

They have come home from camps/youth group excited about what they have learned before, but this was different. Saturday was different. They came home with an individual passion and excitement for how the Word had touched them. It really did just touch them where they were at.

They could not only stop talking about what they had talked about in group, but there was a sweet tenderness, and vulnerability in them all weekend. God's truth sank down deep in them Saturday morning. The discussion was on how when we become aware of our own sin the cross of Christ gets bigger in our life, but when we aren't aware of our sin, we minimize the power of the cross. Alex was so excited to show me the scriptures. Michael kept talking about how He hadn't thought of any of what they talked about before. I am amazed at how God specifically orchestrated this relationship with Pastor Andrew(another posting would be required to tell that story. )

SOOOOOO, praise God with me that His Spirit is grabbing the hearts of my sons!Praise God for how he is using Pastor Andrew's obedience and heart to reach our boys, To God be the Glory! My heart is very full!

4 comments:

Aaron and Heather said...

Oh, Breanna, what a wonderful post! It is such a joy to see God at work in the lives of your children, and to see them in turn responsive to His voice. I love the reminder within this story that God is at work to draw to our children to Himself and is active in that pursuit... only He can truly reach their hearts. I need to remember that today. :-)

Robyn said...

Thanks for sharing. It's such an encouragement as I go through the daily grind of raising young ones. It's good to remember that they will grow to own their faith and have a passion for God and His word.

The Earnhardt Family said...

Praise God! I rejoice with you. It was such an encouragement to my heart to read your post today. It was also a good reminder to be purposeful about surrounding our children with Godly leaders and examples in their growing years.

Michelle said...

So exciting, Breanna!!!