Monday, November 30, 2009

Happiness


A few weeks ago  I was praying with a friend. I don't remember her exact words, but she prayed that I would know more joy, and that God would give me a light heartedness. I don't know what promted her to pray this specifically (well, the Lord! ) But God has used her prayer and turned it into my own personal prayer request to Him these last few weeks.

 I know the difference between happiness and joy, and I would tell you that there have been many times in my life that admidst the presence of some heavy dark trials or pain God has given me a joy in that darkness, but over the last few weeks of taking this prayer before God I have realized that I need to laugh more. At times my family needs to  live lighter. While Joy is good and we can have it all the time,  happiness is fun and God designed us to FEEl it too!

 Maybe its  a product of years of losing people I love or having gone through the trials/stresses that God has allowed in our life, (maybe it's becuase I'm a driven, organized, type A wife and mom :) ), but somewhere along the way I think I started to live life too heavy hearted. I know I  use to laugh more.

I'm not saying we can laugh away hurt or even that would should, there are times to mourn. Oh but there is a time to dance too!!!!  When God lifts the  storms and dawn's light has broke, we need to enjoy the respit and LAUGH.

Sooooo, the kids and I were messing around this afternoon and we started laughing. It wasn't even becuase anything was all that funny, we just started laughing and it turned into that deep belly, stomach hurting, cheek burning laughing. It was great! And when we calmed down, this was my prayer :

- Oh Thank you God! That was fun! Thank you for this day that life is ok and everyone I love is ok, and I can just laugh. Thank you God.

Allie took this picture.... :) And though it's a little embarassing, I'm posting it anyway, because everytime I see it, I'm going to remember how good today felt!

1 comment:

Susan Bailey said...

This is so great. I am so thankful that God is doing this great work of joy and enjoyment in you. It will be our strength. It is the sermon that needs no preaching just watching and hearing. Your picture is beautiful to me, and Jesus loves it! The world tells us how we should be smiling in pictures and it is a box too small to live in. May God continue to work in you and may you always agree with Him on the goodness of it, no matter how it looks. Your walk with Jesus challenges me Bre.